How to Install PVC Tile Board: A Step-by-Step Guide
May 17, 2021
PVC tile board is a great, inexpensive option for those looking to install new flooring in their home. It’s also easy to maintain and clean. The only issue that you might have with this type of material is installing it yourself. If you’re not sure if you can do it, don’t worry! We’ve created an installation guide that will walk you through the process from start to finish. This article will help ensure that your PVC tile board installation goes smoothly and without any problems!
How to Install PVC Tile Board
1. Draw a level reference line on the wall to show where the tops of tile board panels will fit. If the floor is uneven, measure up from the highest point on the floor so the bottoms of panels will fit without trimming.
2. Make cardboard templates for panels that require cutouts or must fit into irregular spaces. Allow space for connector strips in corners and between panels. Align the top of the template with the reference line when marking cutouts.
3. Lay the template over the tileboard panel, and mark holes and cutting lines.
4. Cut tile board panels along cutting lines with a jigsaw. Make cutouts for pipes with a drill and hole saw.
5. Test-fit the panels and connector strips, using tape to attach them to the walls. Outline the position of each panel on the wall, then remove the panels.
6. Apply adhesive recommended by the tileboard manufacturer to the wall inside the outline for the first panel. Do not cover the reference lines.
7. Cut connector strips to size for the first panel, then spread adhesive on the back of strips and attach them to walls. Apply a bead of tub & tile caulk along the inside edges of the connector strips where the tileboard panel! will fit.
8. Install the first tileboard panel by slipping the edges of the panel into the connector strips (inset) as directed by the tileboard manufacturer. Press the entire panel surface to ensure a tight bond, then wipe away any excess Caulk and adhesive. Install remaining connector strips and tile board panels. Gaps near the floor will be covered by flooring and baseboard trim.
Installing PVC tile is a process that can be intimidating for many people, but it doesn’t have to be. With the right tools and materials, you can install your own flooring with ease and save money in the long run. To help make this DIY project as simple as possible, we created an installation guide using step-by-step instructions of every stage of the process. This way you don’t even need any prior experience installing floors or tiles! We hope this helps make your next home improvement adventure more enjoyable than expected.
Our team of experts is here to help you with any project that needs attention. We are known for our quality work and competitive pricing. You can trust us to get the job done right the first time, every time.
You don’t have to replace your whole bathroom just because you want an updated tub. VT Lakewood Tub Reglazing And Refinishing in Lakewood New Jersey has the skills and experience needed to make even the oldest bathtubs look new again with our PVC Tile Board installation services. Our reliable workers will use their expertise to install this durable material that will last for years without breaking down as other materials might do over time.
We offer free estimates on all projects so you know what your budget will be before we start working on your home or business.
With our help, you can update your tub at a fraction of the cost of replacing it completely and still have something that looks nice when guests come over. We’ll take care of everything so all you need to do is sit back and relax while we work on making your bathtub beautiful once more!
Call today! Schedule an appointment now by calling (848) 233-3008 or filling out this form online!